Limestone Medical Center is looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic billing specialist. We offer great benefits. Salary will be based upon experience.
Summary: The Billing Specialist is responsible for ensuring claims are billed correctly, researching claim denials, ensuring correct payments are received, submitting claims, and following up with insurance companies by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Reviews claims, claim denials, and payments for accuracy.
· Identifies claim errors and researches for cause of errors.
· Communicates with insurance companies when necessary to resolve claim issues.
· Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
· Answers questions from patients and insurance companies.
· Identifies and resolves billing complaints.
· Preforms various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
· Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act guidelines/regulations.
· Assists the Billing Coordinator as needed.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); preferably two year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CAH billing a plus.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org