LMC's, Rettig Family Health Clinic has an opening for a full time Phlebotomist for our Team.
We offer a competitive benefit package available after 90 days of full time employment. Applicant must be a team player and have a high work ethic. He/She must have excellent communication skills. Applicant must have initiative, be reliable, and can handle a sometimes fast-paced working environment. He/She must be Texas licensed.
Performs laboratory draws/testing and related documentation functions accurately and in a timely manner. Practices and maintains HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Responsible for accurately collecting, handling, and processing all specimens as well as the preparation for specimen collection including documentation and maintenance of all specimen logs and files. Prepares samples correctly.
- Orders supplies, dates and rotates stock to avoid outdating of reagents.
- Cleans and disinfects work areas at end of day. Cleans spills immediately and follows the appropriate procedures for clean-up.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in other assigned duties as designated by Office Manager
Fast paced and stressful with frequent interruptions
Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate computers and specialized equipment
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facility
Work environment may present exposure to viruses, disease and infection
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possesses skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Basic Computer skills
- Principles of organization
- OSHA safety guidelines
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
Education and Experience:
Certification as a Phlebotomist.